Monday, August 06, 2012

Updated Review: *** Chez Ray Cabernet Sauvignon, CA, 2002

This well-aged "kit" wine was prepared from Wine Art "Gold" version cabernet sauvignon from 2002.  It is deep magenta in the glass, even after eight years in the bottle.  Aromas are full, fleshy and lightly sweet.  On the palate, this does show the classic kit wine simpleness on the palate, with no challenging tannins nor acids.  The flavor is a bit less fruity than some of the kit wines, however, offering a more satisfying sleekness.  In that regard, the primary palate note is a dry black cherry, buttressed by ripe blackberry.  Because of the pleasantness, a three star rating on the five-star Spirit of Wine scale.

Updated review, almost two years later, August, 2012 :  Definite brick on the edge of this deep magenta hue.  Aromas are husky and middle-aged.  Solid, sleek on the palate, with an overall black cherry tone.  At 10 years of age, however, it is feeling like it is time to drink, or forever hold your peace!

1 comment:

  1. I'm trying to locate a winery, vineyard or fruit farm that will help me make a moscato wine as my my own brand, recipe I select, I will package
    and distribute to sell. I can't locate a vineyard that will work with me to help develope a recipe for me. Please help me. My email is melissalowe70@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete